Friday, October 10, 2008

Pupkus




[This entry was posted on July 20, 2005 on my old blog that is closing.]





Pupkus - the residue a dog leaves on a window after pressing his/her nose against it.


I had this sent to me today, and was relieved to finally have a name for it.
This,
this
is the state of all my car windows, patio doors, and storm doors. And, I love seeing it.
I notice others who have pupkus on their car windows too, and I think they are lucky
like me,
to have a puppy dog who loves to enjoy the world going by as we drive along; tongue hanging out, panting, smiling, looking back at me from time to time just to touch base with the driver.
I even have it on the back window of the car after we drive across the country.
Causes me to think of my mother, and how for weeks she wouldn't wash the hand prints off the big mirror behind the couch in her living room after a grandchild would visit. Why would I, she would ask.
Yes, I am glad I have a name for it. Pupkus. Maybe I'll change that to pupkis. Yes, I think that's better.
As for the other photo, look carefully.
This is of a slipper-puppy who dreamed of becoming real.
And she did!
Oh miracle. How lucky for us! We named her Suzy.


No comments: